Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cankles

We went to our Thursday night yoga class and a substitute teacher was there. She was very descriptive... Mike and I would catch each others gaze and smile/laugh a little because the things that this instructor said were out of this world, and because Mike and I are very mature. Let me try and remember some of the things she said..."Now pull it back and shoot a Cupid's arrow into the sky." "Now we are going to do Seal Pose, not seal arf arf, but seal as in the  yoga seal." "Now bring your hand down and make a halo on top of your head." "I don't think Warrior Pose should be scary, you should be able to do whatever you'd like with your arms, bring them out and flap them like an eagle soaring over a canyon in the Tucson desert." "Let's form a conga line." "Now we're going to do a dance, we will breathe, hah! hah! hah! hah! aaaaaah. aaaaaah." Besides her words bringing out the giggling teenager in me it was a pregnant lady appropriate class.

When I looked down at my feet at the beginning of class I realized how swollen my ankles and feet were. I've got cankles! My friend Shawnee (who is also pregnant) said this to her husband Joel and Joel's response was one for the "Things Husbands Should Say To Their Pregnant Wives" book:
"It's because you're building a strong foundation."
Aw.

No comments:

Post a Comment