Monday, May 21, 2012

Cox Mountain Trail : Our Sunday Ritual

I go on a lovely hike with my friend Christina on Sundays. We started this ritual before I got pregnant and we've stuck with it ever since. Sometimes we do Battle Branch Trail, which is right near the University. Sometimes we do Occoneechee which is just north of Chapel Hill along the Eno River but we mostly hike our favorite trail, the Cox Mountain Trail at the Eno River State Park. We've added on Fanny's Ford to Cox Mountain (or what I like to call "Fanny's Fjord" because I imagine we are in Norway.) But we've been skipping that addition because I'm slowing down. We even did a combo of trails at Eno River State Park called Holden Mill Trail and Buckquarter Creek where we saw 41 turtles, 2 water snakes, 2 frogs and we heard and caught glimpses of many lizards. It was on that trail where my famous words of, "I'm not going up there" were borne. It was a hill and I didn't want to go up it but of course it looped around and we had to go up at one point and we did and I survived. Anyways, I finally brought my camera on our hike a couple of Sundays ago and took a gazillion pics. Here is my collage of hiking pics on the Cox Mountain Trail, which is 3.75 miles long! Christina was so nice and wore my belly pack for me on this day.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing scenery...you must be so proud of your perseverance, little E!!!!!

    ReplyDelete