Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ghetto-Mobile






I made the little black and white circles in the hopes of making a beautiful mobile for Aki Bear. When my parents came I still had them in a pile, not strung up or attached to anything, so I put them to work. They got it this far and I've been meaning to clean it up for weeks but have no energy or desire to! It's not above his co-sleeper but above the futon in the office. I will stick him there and more recently he's been really looking at it and even talking at it. I don't think I'll ever truly finish it. But I figure he only sees it from the bottom looking up (far right picture) and that looks better than the far left picture! Plus when he can focus on the tangled strings I'm sure that will be just as interesting as the circles...or I hope so anyway. Not many infants can say they have their very own, hand-made, ghetto mobile!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great from below!! We could have tidied it up..at least I could have but wasn't sure if you wanted them at different lengths...Anyway it is so neat to hear he is looking at it and talking to it.
    oomama

    ReplyDelete