Sunday, April 6, 2014

First Egg Hunt

The outfield had little eggs and candy strewn about.
Our Town threw a community egg hunt in one of the parks last Saturday. They have an egg hunt for ages 2-4, one for ages 5-7 and another for ages 8-10. We did the 2-4 group even though the Bear is only 21 months. (They didn't check birth certificates :) )

Greeting late arrivals with his plumber's crack.
They started it late because apparently there were parking issues so there were a lot of late arrivals. We played it cool and hung out in the infield. In the meantime, Stan B filled his basket up with dirt and dandelions:
Attaboy!
The egg hunt finally started and I pushed him through the wall of parents watching and Stan B took off. (The rules were that parents couldn't join their kids out there otherwise chaos would ensue...but of course parents went out there, because parents don't listen {no wonder kids don't listen to their parents...they are just following by example! Ha!}) I stood back and watched him go:

egg hunt from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

I eventually walked out there once he discovered I wasn't with him. He didn't cry, he just stood still and looked around for me. When I got to him he had two eggs in his basket! Hooray!

I'm not sure he was impressed. I think he liked the dirt better.
Sizing up his eggs.




No comments:

Post a Comment