Thursday, April 17, 2014

Trucks


Last Sunday the Bear did not take a nap, unless you count the three minutes that he slept in the car on the way to the grocery store. I didn't even realize that he fell asleep until I opened the back door to get him out of the car. He was zonked out. I backed into the parking space, so he was able to see the road from where he sat. When his eyes slowly opened he said in a half-slumber, "Truh!!!" It was very funny.

Stan B really loves trucks. We never purposefully introduced him to trucks or cars. I've even been reminded that I said, while pregnant, "I don't want my kid to wear a flippin' truck shirt." I think he still doesn't have a truck shirt but he might have pajamas with trucks on them. He was drawn to them from the get go. I read one article about it here, which is interesting. He will sit on anything (his little picnic table, my leg) and say, "Beep, beep!" We can be in the front yard and hear a siren or a big truck and he will stop in his tracks and say, "Truh!" The kid likes trucks and there's nothing we can do about it.

Here he is driving a truck on Auntie C:

auntie c from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. I love that he woke up and the first thing he says is truck. Ha! So cute! Ethan was a huge truck fan also as a toddler. We felt the same way about not giving him cars just because he was a boy. He had plenty of access to dolls, too. He always chose cars, trucks or trains. He still loves them. Maybe someday (since you're moving closer. Yay!) Stanley can explore Ethan's Hot Wheel collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he will go bananas with the hot wheel collection! i think ethan and natalie would get a kick out of stanley right now. he's such a riot and loves older kids.

      Delete