Monday, April 14, 2014

Why We Don't Cut It

Just look at those curls! Those curls! Yes that's a really silly reason not to cut his hair. We are attached to it more than he is, I'm sure. We hear that once you cut his curls they won't ever come back (unless they have really naturally curly hair, which he doesn't, I'm sure.) Maybe when we cut his hair we can encase his ringlets in resin (I'm afraid that just keeping them as is that they will eventually go straight, but who knows.) At least I have these pictures.
If we cut it we will probably do it around his second birthday which is coming up in July. Yesterday I felt like it was bothersome to him more than ever; he kept pushing it out of his face. I'm tempted to cut it sooner than July. We'll see. It's also harder to take care of. He gets knots in the back which he doesn't enjoy having brushed out. He also doesn't really dig getting his hair washed.

He often gets mistaken for a girl because of his long hair. I usually don't correct people unless they also ask what her name is. I will definitely document and write about the big cut if/when we do it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, in the first photo his hair looked kind of gray.
    Have you cut your hair to donate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, he's premature and an old soul. my haircut is on friday!

      Delete