Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bye Bye Carolina

So, we've been gone from Chapel Hill for about 2 weeks now. So far we loooove our new home and town but we'll always hold such a warm spot in our hearts and minds for North Carolina.
I bought three new books before our road trip to keep the Bear occupied; two on automobiles and one about Chapel Hill. The car books were a major hit. He especially liked the book titled “Trucks” , it is an illustrated book where all the trucks are in a cat world, where kitties walk upright like humans and wear clothes and drive and play with trucks. Who wouldn’t like that book? The Chapel Hill book we didn’t read until we arrived to our new home in Idaho. The first night we read it I started crying while reading it less than a quarter of the way through. The last several times I read it I just cry on the last page. When I cry Stan B says, “Kying”. (That’s how he says crying.) The book is really nice. It’s called Goodnight Carolina (in the trend of all of those Good Night Moon themed books – We also have a good night California book) but I think this Carolina one is better. The illustrations are made with fabric and quilting…and the words are much more poetic. I love it. Stan B likes it too, or maybe he just likes to see me cry. HA!
Here is the last page that makes me cry:


No comments:

Post a Comment