Thursday, July 24, 2014

Finding a Community

Stan B playing footsie with Auntie C at the dinner table

It's so exciting moving to a brand new place. During the packing and the move you know you will be losing the community that you created in the place you built your home but know one wants to think about that! So you push those feelings aside. It's not until you get to the new place and things start slowing down and settling in that those thoughts come back. You start to miss people...and you start thinking about how to create a community in your new home.
Lauren with Naomi
I loved meeting with these two ladies (above and below) every so often. We'd leave the tots at home and get dinner somewhere. This is our last dinner together before I left for the west. Not the best pics but very real and candid. They are great people and were part of our community.

Roxanne with Naomi

So, how does one find it again? I felt like it took 7 years to find it and once we had it ((((BOOM))))) it was time to leave. I know we'll find it again. I hope it doesn't take as long. I think having Stan B here from the get go will really help as he is the UNITER.                  


Hugs with Jacob
I think that finding a job, taking Stan B places, finding things that I am interested in doing will help get this community ball rolling. Both Mike and I aren't the most social beings on the planet, so it will take a bit of extra effort. But I'll need it otherwise I will go mad.
Stan B with his old next door neighbors
 We have met three of our neighbors and even eaten dinner at one of their houses...and I have pictures of his yard (wacky and wonderful).
With my favorite garbage guy, Harold
I know there will be gems here. Just like there were gems in California, New Mexico and North Carolina. 
Stan B with his neighbor friend, Sergio
I just want my treasure chest to be sparkling and full.

1 comment: