Friday, July 4, 2014

Simplifying


We had an ultra successful yardsale before we left. It was amazing! We got rid of tons of stuff – and what we didn’t sell we put at the curb or donated to the thrift store.

We also ended up getting rid of a ton of other stuff as we packed the truck as we just couldn’t fit it. I cried about some things but then reminded myself that it is silly to attach myself to inanimate objects. So I cried and said goodbye! I cried about my chair:
I cried about Stan B's red wagon the most. I loved that thing. Have a watch of one of my favorite wagon, neighborhood walks with that thing here. I didn't cry about this but was a little heartbroken to see Mike's lawn chair ottoman go:

Stan B enjoyed the first part of the yardsale while we were setting up. He played with the ping pong paddles while saying, “hockey!” I think he thinks that any sport where you hit a ball (or puck) is called hockey. We are hoping our new house will look more like this:
Our empty old house.
Stan B in his new room
I'll keep you updated. So far so good!

1 comment:

  1. I would pick Stan B up for a day with Auntie C anytime. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete