Monday, July 7, 2014

Things He Says


A couple of weeks before we set out on the road the Bear started to string together words to make sentences! He now says:
I did that
I do that or I want do that
I want milk
I want that
Those are most of them… He also says things like:
I poo poo
I change (as in, Change my diaper, lady)
The first time he said, “I want milk!” was when he woke up at 3:30 in the morning crying. When I went in there, I lay him back down and he got back up and said, “I want milk!” That was the first time he had strung that many words together. I just said, “Wow! Very good sentence structure. Now, it’s time to go back to bed.” He fell asleep 2 minutes later.
He says new words all the time. He says words that we didn’t know he knew. He saw a Jeep drive by and he said, “Jeep”. What?! He’s like a truck connoisseur. 
We can also say, "Can you say, Ballarat?" or "Can you say throw a tantrum?" and he will repeat it imperfectly but adorably. Listen to him say Ballarat here:

ballarat from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment