Monday, August 18, 2014

Tracing

One of Stan B's favorite activities is being traced. It started in California and Auntie Alison "Ali" and I traced his hands and feet with colored pencils on paper:
He's as happy as a clam.
I mean, just look at the pure joy on his face while Alison traces his feet:

Soon we moved the activity outside with some chalk:

Then they philosophized about chalk and what makes chalk chalk...

We even traced the next day:

When we got home from our California trip we traced some more:

You can see in the picture below that he would get up, look at the tracing and lie back down on top of the previous tracing but slightly askew. I think I traced him up to 5 times in the same spot.

Here he is so excited to see the results:

And then I remembered that one of MY favorite activities as a child was painting the brick outside of our house with water. Yes it would evaporate but I loved seeing how the water created this more saturated color compared to the dry brick. So I thought let's do water tracings!
We started with feet because we knew that the water would evaporate quickly.
Then we got bold and moved on to entire body tracings. I was the fasted painter I could be:
Slowly evaporating tracing

I wonder if the cat would stay still long enough to be traced?



1 comment:

  1. All wonderful...especially the one with joy.

    ReplyDelete