Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Book Review : Good Night, Gorilla



Good Night, Gorilla is a huge hit with the Bear. It's about a gorilla in a zoo. During the zookeeper's night rounds the gorilla slips the zookeeper's keys from his belt loop. As the zookeeper says good night to each animal the gorilla opens the animal's cages and the animals follow the zookeeper back to his house, unbeknownst to him. Stan B has three favorite pages. With each turn of these three pages you can just read that anticipation on his face. He even turns the pages super slowly and looks at me with excitement. Here is one of his favorite pages:

We mimic both the zookeeper's wife's face and the gorilla's face and he gets the biggest kick out of it. Here he is mimicking the gorilla's smile and then giggling profusely. (It starts out with him saying, "Come, Mama!" which I thought was too adorable not to share. Plus it's an improvement; he used to say, "Move! Move, Mama!" Ha.)


good night gorilla from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. What fun!! Love the laughter, yours and his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any other book recommendations for kids books I would love to hear them. Does Stanley have Corduroy? We love that book so much I just ordered the other two in the series. I hope Arlo loves them when he gets older :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do! I will be doing these book posts regularly, I think. Off the top of my head Stanley really likes a book about sushi (he liked it when he was younger too, I think because of the illustrations) I think it's called "First Book of Sushi" or something like that. The same author does one about Mexican food that he likes too. I will write you a better list and send it to you via fbook message!

      Delete