Thursday, November 20, 2014

Shaving Cream Painting

When I was a preschooler I remember fondly fingerpainting on a tabletop with shaving cream. So I decided to test it out with the Bear.

He wasn't sure at first...
 

 But then I think he got lost in it.

Close up.
Everytime I'd add some more he would slowly touch it...starting with his fingertips:

 Then we pushed the table right side up and added color. We just used regular ol' food coloring which stained his hands green. Maybe we'll try tempera paint next time.



He started directing me by telling me which color he wanted next and where to put it. He would also ask for more shaving cream.




He made  a complete mess but it was so easy to clean up. I just hosed the entire thing down which he enjoyed helping me with.


Of course, at one point, he said, "Swim?" No, you cannot swim in it but he attempted it anyway:



Here he is in action:

shaving cream 1 from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. What great fun he had...he seemed to really be in the moment with the entire experience.
    Yes, tempera paint is more forgiving.

    ReplyDelete