Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Biking

There are some great biking trails here. I bought a bicycle seat to attach to my bike back in Raleigh for $10! Mike finally attached it to my bike and Stan B and I (and one time Mike joined us) went for bike rides. Before the bike seat was attached Stan B enjoyed just wearing his helmet around the house:


I was really hoping that he would like the bike. We rode east on our first ride and it was wonderful. Stan B loved it. 
On the back of the bike, pre-ride.
While riding we would have conversations like this:
Stan B: Mama!
Me: Yes.
Stan B: Mama!
Me: Yes, talk to me. I can't see you.
Stan B: Mama!
Me: Yes, Buddy, what?
Stan B: FUN!!

Hahahaha. Seriously. We had that conversation about 3 times. So, he had fun.
Here he is on our break.



He conked out on the way home. I could tell because one, I could feel his weight flop back and forth on turns and two, I have a little rearview mirror on my helmet.


We did the same trail with Mike the next weekend. There are fruit trees (of course) along parts of the trail and Mike stopped to pluck some plums and apples.

Apple plucker
The weekend following that we went west and rode to Washington State! It was lovely but windy. I really wanted to get to Pullman but Stan B was getting cold because of the wind. Here is some of the landscape on that trail:


Stan B pointing at a plane:

I am looking forward to when the weather gets warmer so we can put our wheels on pavement again!

2 comments:

  1. Is that paved road in the last pic solely for bikes/peds???
    Auntie C

    ReplyDelete