Thursday, March 19, 2015

Baking Soda & Vinegar Play

Here's a little activity that we did with baking soda, vinegar and food coloring. I placed a bunch of baking soda on a cookie sheet and I filled 4 small containers with vinegar. I let Stan B help me put food coloring in each container which turned the vinegar into pretty colors. Then I let him play. First I gave him a small eyedropper which came from one of his herbal supplements. Then I gave him a syringe. Then I gave him a big baster. So, not only was it fun to watch the fizzing interaction between the baking soda and vinegar but he got to work on his motor skills as well. The color mixing was fun too.

We did this when my parents were here so you can hear my Mom in the background - so it sort of just sounds like two of me (or two of her) talking in the background because our voices sound so similar. :)


baking soda from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

1 comment: