Monday, March 2, 2015

Daycare Stories

Here he is one day after daycare, near their parking lot.

One of my favorite things about Stan B's daycare are the anecdotes from his day that they pass on. I never really had that with his two previous places of care. (Actually I did with the first place but the drama that came with that place has overshadowed any positive aspects of it.)

First of all let me just say that when I pick him up he is VERY enthusiastic. He yells, "Mama!" and he comes running to me for a big hug. If he is behind the safety gate he jumps up and down or does a little jig. Lovely, lovely, lovely. I can tell he is very happy there. Once he hugs me he usually then says, "Mama, come." and drags me to one of the rooms to show me something.

While I sign him out I get the stories of the day from his teachers. Here are some that I can remember:

One of his favorite teachers, Brittny, who he loves, will sometimes start her shift just as the kids are waking up from their naps. She poked her head in one day and Stan B saw her, lifted up his head, reached out his hand for her and said, "Bittny!"

On Halloween, he dressed up as Dickie the Cat. When Brittny came in he walked up to her and said, "I kitty cat. Meow."

Whenever he sees the infant teacher, Rebecca, come out of the infant room he shouts, "Becca!" and runs to her.

One day they were folding laundry and Stan B showed interest in helping, so they let him help. He was doing a great job and showing them how he could 'fold' laundry. His teachers told him how impressed they were with his folding skills and all of a sudden he started flinging laundry everywhere. I think he gets this from Mike. Not the flinging of laundry but the terrible way in which he takes compliments. Just say thank you, boys. Anyways, it made his teachers want to laugh hysterically.

When I picked him up from daycare on Monday he was extra chatty. He kept saying, "I'm happy." and "I yike daycare." and "I happy. I yike everything." So I started asking him things like, "Do you like _____?" and "What do you like?" He went on and on. Then I decided to ask him if he liked things that I know he doesn't really like. When I asked him if he liked carrots he said, "I yike carrots...at daycare." Ha! He also named names of classmates that he likes. It was adorable.

At night as he is in bed he will sometimes say that he is scared. When he does this I tell him to think of all the people he loves and then we list names. He always says at the end, "I think of daycare friends?" It's sweet.

So, we like daycare. They even work with us on the potty training. OOoh. I need to write a post on that. Nothing big but we have a little Poo-Poo Train Chart going with stickers and everything.


1 comment: