Monday, March 9, 2015

Screen Time Update


I have cut out checking out movies I've never seen before, from the library. It was actually easier than I thought it would be; I thought he would fight me on it. I have also cut out watching things on the computer. We had a near computer disaster during one of the Bear's more spastic moments/hyper moods, so we decided to keep the laptop away. That was also fairly easy to do. He doesn't seem to miss it. When he says he wants to watch "Tayo" which is only on the computer I tell him, "No more computer," and he accepts that as an answer. Because of this we watch less T.V. - it's nice. We rented a Max and Ruby DVD from the library last week which is a very safe thing for him to watch. Max and Ruby are sibling bunnies. Their parents seem to be out all the time. Ruby, who is the older sibling is the caretaker and she can be kind of annoying because she is always telling Max what and what not to do. Max is little and doesn't really talk except for one word statements, like, "Friend!" or "Firetruck!" He's also kind of annoying but is the ultimate baby/toddler. Stan B loves him. The episodes are no more than 15 minutes long. Nothing scary happens in Max and Ruby.


Bedtime seems the same but I think in the last several weeks he hasn't mentioned being scared, or telling me that there are monsters around. So, perhaps less screen time and being more selective in my choices is actually helping. A couple of nights he even said to me right before I closed his door, "Mama, I not scared!" Hallelujah.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you are reducing screen time...It is great that he is not minding it. It's maybe because you didn't have him watch a lot before.
    I think the hardest thing is for parents to give up their own screen time when their children are awake. I hope I was not too bad in that area with you and Sean. I just remember that I never thought the ratings were accurate.

    ReplyDelete