Thursday, March 12, 2015

Things He Says



Stan B and I were eating dinner the other night. It was just the two of us; Mike was still at work. Stan B says, "There are two people in the house." and then points at me and says, "one" and then points at himself and says, "two". I asked him how many animals, at first he said none, so then I was more specific,
"How many cats are in the house?"
"One Dickie, two people."
"How many people will be here when Papa gets home?"
"A lot."
 Ha!
"Well, there are two people now, me and you, what happens when Papa comes home? How many people will be here then?"
"All of them." Hahaha!
"Mama is one, Stan B is two, Papa is........."
"Big!"
I guess we're not ready for addition.

We made cake a couple of weekends ago, just because. That night he was eating a piece as if he hadn't eaten in months. He was thoroughly enjoying it. Mike asked him, "What do you love more, cake or Mama and Papa?"
Without hesitation he said, "Mama Papa," while still audibly devouring his cake. I totally thought he was gonna say, "Cake."

Uncle Sean got him another recordable book - the kind where anyone can record themselves reading the book. So, Stan B can have Uncle Sean read to him every night even though the Pacific Ocean separates them. The first recordable book he got Stan B (a while back) was a Toy Story one called You Can Count On Me.  Stan B was not at all familiar with this movie or these characters; he still has never watched the movie. So, when Christmas rolled around cousin Henry passed on his well loved Buzz Light Year and Woody dolls. When Stan B opened them he held them up and said, "Uncle Sean!" Adorable.

The second one he got for Christmas is called Under the Same Moon: A Story for Loved Ones Near and Far by Suzanne Berry. This book is so sweet.  One of the Bear's favorite pages reads,

I hear an owl hoot, "who who who?"
asking who I love and who loves me, too.
I smile as I answer, "It's you, you, you,"
you are the one I love. 

I also like,

Over the mountains and over the sea,
together with you I wish I could be.
Please let the light that shines on me
shine on the ones I love.

The first several times I read it, after each page, I would say, "Awwww." Now, when we read it Stan B says after each page, "Awwwww." and looks up with me with a sweet smile. It's so cute.

Some times when I drop him off at daycare he says, "I want you." Because he doesn't want me to leave. He some times says that right before bed too.

He tells me that he loves me on a daily basis now. "I wuv you," he says.

Usually when we get home from daycare we take a break to settle back at home. We sit on the couch, he climbs on my lap, embraces me and says, "I want to snuggle you, Mama." Oh my, that made me well up just typing that. He's just so sweet (sometimes).

1 comment:

  1. Wow...what a post so full of so many things.
    I remember the time when I was there and Stanley was looking at the Toy Story book read by Sean which at the end has Sean saying, "I love you Stanley Bear" and Stan B says, "I love you too, Uncle Sean."

    ReplyDelete