Thursday, July 31, 2014

Words and Language

Eating his very first popsicle (a 1 part orange juice, 1 part water mixture.)

Stan B says a lot of new words on a daily basis. That last time I wrote about his language he was starting to string sentences together! You can tell he's really trying to speak in sentences because you can see it in his face and his almost stuttering of words wanting to spill on out. I feel like I'm close to the Stan Bearnese language but he still stumps me at times. For instance, the words for popsicle, motorcycle and basketball all sound very much alike. Turn up your volume and watch him say popsicle:


copapapapull from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

It sounds more like, "coppapapull". But I get it. He says Stelina's name like this:


shenana from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

Which sounds like, "She-na-na". He used to say it with three "na"s. Ha. He used to say his name either like "Nanny" or "Tanny" but recently he's been saying, "Tanley". I think Ss are still really hard for him to pronounce.

One of my favorite language times is in the morning. I should start recording his first word or sentence of the day. One morning he got up, from what I thought was a deep slumber, slid off the bed,  and shouted, "All done!" I couldn't help but laugh. Two mornings ago he woke up and he said, "Honey?" Other words he has said first thing are, "Tuka!", "Ball...truck...milky!", "Milky!", "Outside", "Foodie", "Poo-poo"...and so on. It's a fun way to wake up.

1 comment:

  1. Love how he says things...glad you got them on video.

    ReplyDelete